Training services available for individuals and organisations.
Contact us at +44 1295 713737, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objectives Learned on the Course
- List actions to be taken in the event of an emergency occurring at their place of work
- Use cardiopulmonary resuscitation methods, including use of an AED
- Provide first aid to an unconscious casualty
- Provide first aid to a choking casualty
- Describe the correct actions to take with regard to control of wounds and bleeding
- Describe the correct actions to take with regard to a range of other first aid situations.
Moving and Handling
- State their obligations and that of their employers with regard to manual handling
- Understand the consequences of poor manual handling practice
- State the actions to be taken in the event of a manual handling manoeuvre being required at their place of work
- Identify the correct manoeuvre for use on a range of different manual handling situations.
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘an adult at risk’
- List the forms abuse may take
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Understand how to respond appropriately to disclosures of abuse
- Understand the legislation and guidance concerning safeguarding adults at risk.
- Understand the legislation that affects the administration of medicines
- Describe how medication should be stored and recorded
- Understand the different types of medication and how they work
- Follow protocols and policies when receiving, storing and recording medicines
- Describe common adverse reactions to medication
- Understand the differences in protocols between various healthcare provisions.